Inguinal Hernia Treatment in Pune
- An inguinal hernia is a place some stomach depression substance project through a shaky area in the inguinal trench.
- This kind of hernia causes extreme agony or distress while working out, or during defecations. They are more normal in men than in ladies.
- They at first happen in the lower mid-region and thigh and move towards the scrotum as a lump in the crotch. In the most pessimistic scenario, the herniated lump may get strangulated, obstructing the blood gracefully to parts of the digestive system.
- Further, if the digestive organs become gangrenous, it might require removal, expanding the expense just as the danger to life and horribleness.
- It is normally caused because of liquids in the midsection, heavy weightlifting, stressing during solid discharges, overweight, chronic coughing and during pregnancy
If you find any symptoms of Inguinal Hernia must consult a Qualified Laparoscopic and Laser Surgeon near you!! Dr. Abhijit Gotkhinde is the Best Laparoscopic Hernia Surgeon in Pune.
Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair
- This medical procedure is typically performed under broad sedation except if a patient has some uncommon condition.
- Three little entry points are made around the hernial development to embed the laparoscopic camera and fundamental working devices.
- The hernia sac is pushed once again into the cavity, and the debilitated opening in the divider is fortified with an engineered work.
Open Inguinal Hernia Surgery
- Open medical procedure includes a huge cut (up to three inches) to be made over the hernial site and henceforth, is performed under broad sedation.
- The specialist makes an important length of the cut over the stomach divider.
- The substance of the hernial sac are suitably pushed back inside its film divider, and the muscles around the shaky area are sewed shut with stitches.
- A manufactured work is then positioned over the sewed segment to brace it, and the outside cut is shut.
Treatment of Hernia
Adult hernia never get better with time. Surgery is the only way to cure a hernia as it cannot go away on its own.
There is tremendous evolution in the surgery of hernia. It can be done by an Open approach with or without mesh application or the second approach which is gaining more popularity nowadays is – Laparoscopy.
A laparoscopic hernia surgery is a minimally invasive approach that involves the use of laparoscopy and allows a laparoscopic surgeon to repair the weakened area through several small incisions (about a half-centimetre), hernia sac is removed and if required closure of the defect . This closure is accomplished by attaching a mesh patch to the outside of the abdominal wall just beneath the layer of muscle .
Due to the use of mesh, the chances of reoccurrence of hernia is significantly decreased.
Its always divided on the basis of related to surgery and related to the patient. Though chances are less Infection, bleeding injury to the surrounding structure is possible. The risk of complications increases if the patient smokes, takes drugs, or is a heavy drinker, or has other medical conditions.
- Minimal pain and patients are able to return to work more quickly as compared to open surgery.
- Heals faster. Early return to work and normal activities is possible.
- If it’s a recurrent hernia then laparoscopic techniques are easier.
- It is possible to check for and repair a second hernia on the opposite side at the time of the operation.
Dr. Abhijit B. Gotkhinde
Consultant Laparoscopic & Laser Surgeon
MBBS, DNB (GEN SURGERY), FMAS,
FIAGES, Fellow in Adv lap.
Dr. Abhijit B. Gotkhinde is one of the Qualified basic & advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons and the best Laser Surgeon in Hadapsar, Pune. He believes in delivering the most authentic and top-class services in Piles, fissures, Fistula Treatments also Hernia Treatments like Epigastric Hernia, Umbilical hernias, Epigastric hernia, Inguinal hernia, Femoral Hernia. He is the best Appendix doctor in Hadapsar, Pine
He has extensive experience in GI & Colorectal surgeries. He has a special interest in Laparoscopic surgery (cholecystectomy, Appendectomy, Hernia, Hysterectomy & Hiatal surgery) and minimal access to proctology surgery. (Piles, fissure & fistula).
There are various types of Hernia occurred in people. These hernias types include hiatus, incisional, and umbilical hernias. Symptoms are present in about 66% of people with Groin Hernias. So many treatments can be done for various Hernia Treatment within Laparoscopic Surgery Treatment. After trying various methods without complete information and knowledge many people fail to achieve the desired Laparoscopic Surgery or Laser Surgery for Hernia and Piles Treatment.
Different people feel varying degrees of pain. Sometimes it’s completely pain-free but may associate with discomfort. Some patient may feel dull aching sensation, and feeling pain while lifting weight
- Irreducibility- contents of hernia like omentum , does not go back ,even on gentle pressure.
- Obstruction: when intestine is the content it may also result in obstruction (intestinal blockage), which is extremely dangerous.
- Strangulation: It occurs when the blood supply to the herniated intestine is cut off or greatly reduced, causing the bowel tissue to die or rupture
A. Medical management
1. High fiber diet(fruits, vegetables, etc)
2. Adequate hydration(proper intake of water)
3. Stool softener (in case of constipation)
4. To decrease the time spent on the toilet
B. surgical Management
Usual treatment options :
1. Change of diet and lifestyle (Grade I)
2. Lotions, medicaments, ointments (Grade I)
3. Rubberband, sclerotherapy, infrared coagulation (Grade I + II)
4. Closed surgery: Stapler Hemorrhoidopexy (Grade III)
5. Open surgery: Milligan-Morgan, Parks (Grade III + IV)
6. Hemorrhoid Laser Procedure(all grades).
1. Couple of days to a week in the hospital
2. Pain for 7-10 days
3. Postoperative bleeding
6. Problems with sitting
7. Open wounds need 4-6 weeks to heel
8. Necessity of taking baths
- Minimally invasive laser therapy of hemorrhoids
- Controlled hemorrhoidal shrinkage
- Very good hemostasis
- Maximized preservation of continence
- Small wound sizesLaser HemorrhoidoPexy (LHP)
Also known as LaserHemorrhoidoPlasty
This approach is used for the treatment of hemorrhoids under appropriate anesthesia. The fiber of the laser is inserted centrally into the hemorrhoidal node and energy is delivered. By this technique, hemorrhoids can be treated according to their size without causing any damage to the anoderm or mucosa.
- If surgery is indicated, this therapy will provide you with an improved patient outcome especially regarding pain and recovery compared to conventional surgical proceeding for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th-degree hemorrhoids.
- Under proper local or general anesthesia, the controlled laser energy delivery obliterates the hemorrhoids from the inside and preserves the mucosa and sphincter structures to an extremely high degree(Tissue reduction in the hemorrhoids).
- The controlled emission of laser energy, which is applied submucosally, causes
the hemorrhoidal mass to shrink.
- In addition, fibrotic reconstruction generates new connective tissue, which ensures that the mucosa adheres to the underlying
- This also prevents the occurrence or recurrence of prolapse. Laser hemorrhoidopexy is not associated with any risk of stenosis. Healing/result is excellent because, unlike conventional surgeries, there are no incisions/cut or stitches.
- Access to the hemorrhoid is achieved by entering through a small perianal port. By this approach, no wounds are generated in the area of the anoderm or mucosa. As a result, the patient experiences less post-operative pain and can return to normal activities within a shorter space of time.
1. No incisions
2. No excisions
3. No open woundsThree treatment principles with laser:
1. Reduction of the hemorrhoidal tissue, not total destruction/excision
2. Reconstruction of the natural anatomy
3. Nontouch of the anoderm
I met Dr. Gotkhinde for laparo chole surgery for gall stone. I want to treat it with medicine only. But with his knowledge of subject , crystal clear thinking and confidence I decided my mind and operated with him. In operation room I remember only one injection and when I woke up, surgery was over. Very little pain after surgery. Got discharge in 2 days.Thanks doctor.
After my difficult c section, I developed a hernia, I was really scared. My gyne sends me to Dr. Abhijit. It was a great decision to go with him. He done laparoscopy. My experience of surgery was exactly the same as what he told me before. He is a perfectionist surgeon.
Dr. Abhijit Gotkhinde sir operated my father for piles using a laser technique. Initially, we were quite anxious but after discussing with him about the procedure we felt confident. Surgery was done in less than 30 min & it was absolutely pain-free. He recovered in a single day. Within 1 week he is ready to work. Now we are thinking we would have done the procedure prior only. I must say, Dr. Gotkhinde is the best laser surgeon for piles.