Laparoscopic surgery has emerged as one of the most effective ways to diagnose varied problems inside the abdomen and pelvis. Keyhole or Laparoscopic surgery is a process where a large incision is not done, and hence the surgery is also famous as keyhole surgery.
Doctors often suggest Laparoscopic surgery to recover a patient from the following diseases
- Laparoscopic surgery is widely used in Gynecology to treat various problems in the female reproductive system.
- People suffering from different digestive systems can get the best treatment via laparoscopic surgery.
- Doctors often suggest Keyhole or Laparoscopic treatment treat various urinary tract problems.
Advantages of the Laparoscopic Surgery
Many are still confused about the benefits of Laparoscopic surgery and often feel that it will also cause the same pain to them. Well, here we can take a look at the necessary benefits of Laparoscopic surgery.
- It does not need a huge scar.
- Experts do not need to cut tissues
- Patients need to stay for a few days in the hospital.
- Patients can get back to their everyday life without delay.
- The scars can get healed quickly.
- The patients will hardly face any infection post laparoscopic surgery.
The Risk Involved In The Laparoscopic Surgery
No doubt, laparoscopic surgery is known better than open surgery. Still, it comes with certain risks that all patients should take care of after having laparoscopic surgery.
- Patients can suffer from Trocar injuries, and this injury mainly occurs inside the abdominal walls. Patients having low BMI are more prone to this injury.
- Many times surgeons work with electrodes, and this sometimes leaks current. This current can cause a bit of burn on the tissue.
It has been noticed that patients having pulmonary disorder cannot tolerate the gas in the abdomen, and hence doctors need to change the mode of surgery.