For persons who suffer from disorders in the Colon, Rectum, and anus areas, doctors often suggest Colorectal surgery to get the best treatment. This surgery helps treat the problem in the intestine, and this treatment is effective for both cancerous and non-cancerous patients.
Areas where Colorectal surgery is necessary?
- This treatment is essential to treat inflammation of the veins in the anus, rectum areas.
- Doctors suggest this treatment to cure tears or crashes in the anus.
- This surgery helps patients to get rid of an abnormality in the passageway in the rectum.
- This surgery helps to stay away from constipation.
- Many children suffer birth defects in the anus area, and colorectal surgery helps get them rid of this problem.
Diagnosis for the surgery
Before the surgery, doctors do the necessary examination to check the situation of the large intestine, rectum, and anus. The examination is done using colposcopy and lower GI series. Besides, the doctors also suggest MRI before and during the surgery.
Types of Colorectal surgery
Colorectal surgery is minimally invasive surgery in which the doctors use tiny incisions around the abdomen. A long and thin tube with a camera is inserted into the small cavity of the abdomen. This surgery helps to remove the tumour.
Robotic surgery is a minimally invasive surgery where doctors use a 3D camera and a console. The thin instrument is inserted through the tiny notch. Robotic colorectal surgery is accompanied mechanically.
Situations where colorectal surgery is necessary?
Doctors often suggest Colorectal surgery for patients who are suffering from cancer, polyps, bowel disorder, constipation, etc.
Recovery at home
Once patients reach home after having colorectal surgery, all need to follow doctors’ advice thoroughly. Doctors will suggest patients for regular walking that will enhance their muscle strength.