Large numbers of cases of inguinal Hernia can be observed in recent days. It occurs in the abdomen near the groin area. It develops when the intestine tissues get swelled in the abdominal muscle. Once the swelling can cause pain, especially while individual coughs, one can also feel the pain once they bow down to lift any weighty material or object.
What are the symptoms of Inguinal Hernia?
Individuals who are suffering from inguinal Hernia can suffer from the following symptoms.
- One can feel a lump on both sides of the pubic bone.
- You will feel a burning sensation at the lump.
- Patients can feel pressure or weakness in the groin area.
- You may also feel a dragging sensation in the groin area.
Can children have inguinal Hernia?
Similar to adults, newborn babies can also suffer from inguinal Hernia. Newborn kids suffer from this Hernia due to weakness in the abdominal wall. The Hernia becomes obvious in kids during coughing or straining at the bowel movement.
When to visit a doctor?
If you notice that the swelling of Hernia turns red or purple, you need to consult doctors immediately. It is also suggested to pay a visit to the doctor if you feel a painful lump in the groin area.
Causes of inguinal Hernia
Individuals need to understand the causes of Inguinal Hernia.
- It can be caused due to continuous pressure at the abdomen area.
- Inguinal Hernia can develop if there is a preexisting weak mark on the abdominal wall.
- Strenuous bowel movement can cause inguinal Hernia.
- Women can suffer from this disease during pregnancy.
Preventive measures need to take :
Unless you consult with a doctor and take proper medication, it will not be possible to get a cure for inguinal Hernia. Still, doctors often suggest maintaining a healthy weight, consuming high-fiber food, avoiding lifting weighty objects, and quitting smoking.